Sunday 7 July 2013

Sphere of Influence

First day with my new temporary humans. After the standard morn activities with another member of my staff, the soaring heat of the afternoon bound in my domicile alone invited contemplation of the changing seasons.

Upon realising that Accent and Wolfman would soon be arriving, I calculated that the Ball Test would be appropriate for the occasion - an observational exercise whereby I place the spherical object I am most fond of in an uncommon location, and assess the humans' capability for finding said artifact.  I found this particular pair rather lacking in any sort of gumption or initiative, so eventually I took pity on them and distracted them with the old 'toilet roll' and 'squeaky snake' routine. This seemed to mollify them somewhat and then lo with a second wind the ball was found.

decoy squeaky snake action
 
I then proceeded to assess the ball with my oral analysis receptors,  making a full spectographic profile of the composite polymers, and was indeed able to confirm its perfect sphericalness and slaver-adhering properties.

At this point with the temperature reaching the upper echelons of bearability for such an atramentous fellow as myself, I was able to telepathically plant the idea of a seaside constitutional in the feeble brains of the humans.  My plan worked perfectly and I had a splendid swim and led them a merry chase all across the beach of Portobello.

Assessing water purity, salinity and temperature

On return, I was given a splendid dry with towels that I then proceeded to try to eat (just to observe the humans' reactions) and then settled down to an evening of cultural observation via the gogglebox.  My tests of the fart-tolerance of Homo Sapiens are ongoing.


No comments:

Post a Comment